Skin conditions can be acute and can creep up on us without any signs or symptoms. Left untreated, these conditions become chronic and greatly affect the quality of life. Fortunately, Ayurveda can help overcome these issues.
A holistic approach to health can greatly help you in your journey to recovery from skin-related ailments. Ayurveda, the ancient Indian wellness system recommends a host of measures like dietary changes and natural skincare methods to manage skin conditions. The use of Durvadi Keram in particular can help manage skin conditions effectively.
Durvadi Keram for skincare
Durvadi Keram is an oil that is used to treat itching and other skin diseases. It can also be used on the scalp to promote hair health. Durvadi oil uses herbal ingredients as per the ancient Ayurvedic text Sahasrayogam. The ingredients used to prepare the oil are 100% natural and free from chemicals, making it a safe product to use. The Keram is free from eggs, gluten, shellfish, soybean, peanut, and GMO.
The use of Durvadi oil can be very helpful in providing relief from itching and related ailments. The Ayurvedic formulation for skin itching provides a soothing effect on the skin. Regular usage can be helpful in providing relief from chronic itching that results due to allergies.
Durvadi oil is used in the Ayurvedic treatment for eczema. Apart from its use in treating eczema, Durvadi oil is an Ayurvedic formulation for dermatitis. It is used to treat acute and chronic forms of dermatitis.
The ingredients this healing oil contains also make it helpful in ensuring healthy hair. When massaged on to the scalp it improves scalp health. It uses coconut oil as a base, which is well known for its role in improving hair health.
Durvadi Keram uses Durvadi as its main ingredient. Referred to as Durva, Cynodon dactylon is commonly known as Bermuda grass. It is an ancient herb used in traditional rituals and has rich medicinal value. It can be helpful with Kapha and Vata Dosha imbalance.
It is used to heal wounds and control bleeding. It is used in the treatment of various skin disorders. It is anti-inflammatory and antiseptic in nature. It is used to prepare formulations for the treatment of eczema, skin rashes, and scabies.
Coconut oil is a natural coolant and is an ideal base for medicinal oils. It promotes hair growth and strengthens hair. It is used in the treatment of skin diseases, including eczema. It acts as a natural moisturizer and protects the skin. It promotes wound healing.
Ayurveda for healthy skin
Durvadi Keram is an oil meant to nourish skin and make it healthy. It forms part of the Ayurvedic wellness strategy for healthy skin. Freedom from skin allergies and conditions can be achieved by focusing on a total wellness strategy like that offered by Ayurveda.
A measured approach involving proper diet, lifestyle changes, and the use of medicated oils can improve skin health and help correct imbalances that cause skin diseases. If you are suffering from skin problems and are looking for a holistic solution, then Ayurveda can help you with us. Start out with the Durvadi oil and gradually implement the suggestions in this article – you will find that healthy skin can be a reality in no time!
Ayurveda and skin problems
Ayurveda and skin problems
According to Ayurveda, any imbalance in the three energies or Doshas of the body (Vata, Pitta, and Kapha) leads to diseases. Digestion also has an impact on health. The digestive fire or Agni when healthy, ensures the body’s metabolism is in good condition. A weakened Agni leads to the formation of Ama or toxins. These toxins can affect various tissues and lead to the development of skin diseases.
Improper nutrition, exposure to chemicals, and pollutants are some of the causes of skin conditions. The Pitta Dosha is deeply associated with skin problems. An imbalance in Pitta weakens Agni and leads to skin diseases. Some other causes of skin diseases, as per Ayurveda include suppressing natural urges, consuming foods with opposing qualities (like sour fruits and milk), or going out in the sun after a heavy meal.
Skin problems are dealt with in Ayurveda using a holistic approach. It focuses on improving Dosha imbalance, rekindling the digestive fire, and providing a long-term resolution for skin problems.
The treatments for skin ailments in Ayurveda include:
- Providing a cooling effect is required when there is a Pitta imbalance. Coconut oil is helpful in this.
- Foods like milk products, beans, cabbage, green leafy vegetables, and mango should be consumed. Excessive use of spices should be avoided.
- It is recommended to avoid foods like peas, soy, apples, and raw vegetables. Excess consumption of meat, alcohol, refined sugar, and excessively spicy or salty food should be avoided.
- Panchakarma is a recommended treatment option for skin diseases like eczema and acne. The therapy needs to be administered by a trained practitioner and would be performed over a period of days. It includes oil massage on the body, induced sweating and purging, and consumption of medicated ghee. The treatment helps remove toxins from the body and detoxify the body.
- Using oils on a daily basis is recommended. Applying medicated oil to the skin helps manage skin diseases on a long-term basis. These oils are prepared using coconut oil or sesame oil as a base. They ensure a moisturizing effect on the skin. This keeps it soft, reduces skin dryness, and associated symptoms.
- The practice of Yoga, regular physical activity, Pranayama, and breathing exercises is helpful in the holistic management of diseases. Being relaxed is important to reduce stress, as stress causes the production of hormones that can aggravate skin conditions.
- Avoiding exposure to chemicals found in cosmetics (that have parabens), pollutants, and other allergens can help reduce allergies and other skin problems.
Q1. What is Durvadi Keram?
A1. Durvadi Keram is an Ayurvedic oil that is prepared as per classical Ayurvedic texts. This oil helps in supporting normal hair health. Durvadi Keram uses Durva (Cynodon dactylon) as its main ingredient which is a herbal cleanser and Varnya or promotes skin health. It is an ancient herb that has rich medicinal value and helps to balance vitiated Kapha and Vata Dosha.
Q2. Can Durvadi Keram be used on skin?
A2. Durvadi Keram is a herbal oil that is known to help minimize skin irritation and support the skin’s normal recovery time in healing. Coconut oil which is used as a base helps to moisturize the skin, thus preventing it from drying. This provides relief from itching.
Q3. What are the directions to use Durvadi Keram?
A3. The oil can be used as per the instructions of the physician. The oil is to be massaged onto the scalp or affected area. 5 to 10 ml of the oil should be used and massaged onto the skin gently in a circular motion. For the best results, it should be applied at night and washed off in the morning. It should be left on the affected area for at least an hour to allow its effects to be seen.
Q4. Is Durvadi Keram made from medicinal plants?
A4. Durvadi Keram is made from a base of coconut oil. The oil has one main ingredient, which is Durva or Scotch/Bermuda grass (Cynodon dactylon). The herb has been used traditionally to support the healing of wounds and ulcers.
Q5. Is it available in small quantities?
A5. Durvadi Keram from Kerala Ayurveda is available in 200 ml quantity, as well as 100 ml quantity.