all 2 results
Arimedadi MouthwashFor Oral Health0 out of 5
200ml (6.8oz)Best Sellers$19.95 Add to cartLearn More
I-Clear 10 Tablets0 out of 5Tablets$27.00 Add to cartLearn More
Your eyes are the windows to your soul and food is the medicine for your body. Our eyes are the portals through which our brains learn about 80% of the world. We all know how stressful our lives have been off late. All this ultimately affects our eyes. Ayurveda can definitely lend a helping hand to replenish and nourish your eyes with help of lifestyle changes and Ayurvedic medicines for eyes.
As important as vision is for us to gain information and perceive the outside world, digestion is the most important physiological process of our body that governs our overall health. And the first step towards this is maintaining good oral hygiene. Ayurvedic oral hygiene as part of Dinacharya (daily self-care) is an important step as a healing therapy and holistic health.
In Ayurveda, eyes are considered to be the primary seat of the Alochaka pitta, a subtype of Pitta dosha that helps enhance the visual impressions and supports healthy vision. You can support healthy eyesight by using Ayurvedic supplements for eye health.
The Ayurvedic regimens for maintaining eye health are simple routines that give multifold benefits in the long run. The ancient texts recommend washing your eyes with cool water in the morning while holding some cool water in your mouth simultaneously. Additionally, you should try warm palm massages and rose water-soaked cotton wool as an eye mask for 5 to 10 minutes. According to Ashtanga Hridaya, Padabhyanga (foot massage) is another method that involves stimulating the nerve endings in feet that are related to the eyes. Apart from these, one should reduce eye strain through lesser screen time, eat a balanced diet and take herbs that support a healthy eye.
Let us take a look at how Ayurveda helps in maintaining a healthy eye:
- Tratak kriya- Tratak is one of the most successful practices to help maintain healthy eyes. In this practice, you need to gaze at a burning lamp for a few minutes and follow the movement of the flame. The wick should be made of cotton and soaked in pure ghee.
- Shiro abhyanga– Regular head massage improves circulation and relaxes the muscles, thereby supporting normal visual acuity and stimulating the tear glands.
- Palming the eyes– Rub the palms of your hands together for 5-10 seconds and cup your hands gently over your eyes, without applying any pressure for 2-3 minutes. Do this regularly every hour if you have to stare at computer screens for long hours.
- Apart from all these, it is advised to indulge in simple eye movement practices regularly and exercise.
Here are some benefits of eye care:
- Supports normal vision
- Helps maintain the natural eyesight
- Helps in strengthening the eye muscles
The digestive process for the food starts from your teeth. Ayurveda believes that the optimum levels of Doshas help you to maintain good oral health. Salivary amylase, a component of saliva, is responsible for the initiation of digestion and is related to Kapha dosa. Pitta dosha nourishes the gums. Vata dosha is present in teeth and aids in biting and swallowing food. Ayurvedic supplements for oral health and Ayurvedic oral care rituals help maintain the optimal levels of the Tridoshas and promote functions of Bodhaka Kapha (saliva), gums, and teeth and enhance digestion. Let us discover how Ayurveda propagates oral care.
- Tongue scraping- Tongue scraping is a specialized device that should be done preferably by using a copper tongue cleaner. This helps clear off the whitish layer of Ama that accumulates over the tongue overnight thus enhancing taste perception and digestion.
- Oil pulling/ Kavala- Your next step should be Kavala- a specialized cleansing therapy to help maintain healthy teeth and gums, wherein you twirl medicated decoction or oil in your mouth and then spit it.
- Gum massage- You can use the same oil which you use for oil pulling to gently massage your gums with your index finger in a circular, clockwise fashion. Spit out the oil and then rinse your mouth with warm saline water to finish your oral care routine.
Oral health supporting herbs-
Amla- Amla is a rich source of Vitamin C that supports gums and supports oral health. It is also an active ingredient of Triphala, the best Ayurvedic medicine for eyes.
Cloves- Clove oil has been traditionally used in Ayurveda as help for good teeth.
Moringa- Traditionally dried Moringa leaves were used to clean the teeth because of their antibacterial properties.
The benefits of oral care include:
- Supports fresh breath
- Helps maintain the natural strength of the teeth and gums
- Helps in the natural cleansing process
- Supports healthy metabolism
Popular Formulations to support Eye and Oral health
- Supports the natural strength of your teeth
- Helps maintain the freshness of your breath
Based on the vedic recipe of Arimedadi Thailam which was traditionally used as an Ayurvedic medicine for gum pain, Arimedadi mouthwash uses an innovative formula that is highly effective for daily use for a radiant, and beautiful smile. Follow the Kavala method to get multifold benefits.
I-Clear 10 Tablets
The formulation contains XanMax® which is a combination of carotenoids known as Lutein and Zeaxanthin. The two ingredients help in maintaining your normal optic nerve health. It is known to be a helpful supplement for the eye for helping maintain natural vision.
The concentration of antioxidants is vital for healthy eye function. This unique formula:
- Helps in the natural nourishment of the eye
- Supports natural eye strength
- Aids in normal vision
Triphala is a mix of three ingredients in equal proportions that help maintain the optimal levels of the three Doshas in the body. Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica) and Amalaki (Emblica officinalis) together prove helpful in maintaining eye health.
- It aids in regular digestion
- It helps in naturally cleansing the body
- It helps support natural immunity
Benefits of Ayurvedic Products
You should aim for daily self-care with Ayurvedic products as a means of acquiring holistic health. By making choices that enhance your inner nature, you can live harmoniously and help lead a well-balanced life.
Some benefits of using Ayurvedic products are:
- Help calm emotions – Ayurvedic essential oils such as lavender, chamomile, sage, cedar, and mint help maintain your emotional health and support a cooling effect on your senses. Herbal Massage oils infused with calming herbs such as Cardamom, Cinnamon, Turmeric, Cedar, among others, help calm your nerves and help in the natural relaxation of the joints and muscles.
Ayurvedic Green Tea has properties that help keep you calm.
- Help maintain optimal weight – Along with other Ayurvedic foods, heart-friendly fats such as ghee, and metabolic supplements help in maintaining optimal body weight.
- Aids in Normal Hormonal Balance – Ayurvedic foods and supplements aid in maintaining the hormonal balance in your body during your menstrual and menopausal stages and your usual days.
- Help Maintain Oral Hygiene – Oral Probiotics and herbal mouthwash support oral hygiene.
- Supports General Well-being – Ayurveda products help your mind, body, and soul. Full body massages are helpful in maintaining the natural calmness of your mind and body. Brisk exercise, mindful breathing, and meditation are all Ayurveda practices that help sustain your overall wellness.
Kerala Ayurveda brings the ancient Ayurvedic practice right to your doorstep through their convenient online store. In a world where you are likely to stare at screens for long periods or intake processed foods, Kerala Ayurveda stocks both supplements for eye health and supplements for oral health to help you. Visit Kerala Ayurveda today to find Ayurvedic products that would take care of your eyes and mouth.
- Ayurveda advocates good oral hygiene using Kavala techniques, a type of oil pulling.
- For eye care, Ayurveda recommends palm massages, washing with cold water, and rose water-soaked eye patches.
- Kerala Ayurveda provides quality and authentic Ayurvedic products for oral and eye care.