What is Ayurveda’s Perspective on Herbal Oil
Herbal Oils hold a special place in Ayurveda since they help the healing powers of herbs to penetrate deep into body tissues. They help maintain natural nourishment, calmness, moisture and lubrication of your scalp and skin. Since everyone has a unique constitution, Ayurveda recommends choosing herbal oils according to your Dosha body type. To make herbal oils, wet or dry herbs are infused in natural oils.
You can find an extensive herbal oils list at Kerala Ayurveda’s online store.
In Ayurveda, herbal oils provide therapy and help in maintaining health in a variety of ways such as:
What are Various Types of Herbal Oil in Ayurveda?
There are many types of Ayurvedic herbal oils especially available at Kerala Ayurveda, namely:
- Ayurvedic herbal oils for hair: These herbs work synergistically to help maintain normal, healthy hair growth and promote natural nourishment of scalp. Kerala Ayurveda’s Kesini oil, contains coconut oil and castor oil and helps in the natural rejuvenation of hair. It helps promote natural growth of thick, lustrous hair and also helps maintain sound sleep after application. Chemparuthyadi Keram and Durdurapathradi Keram, are two other oils that help support normal hair growth and lustre.
- Massage oils: Given that touch or physical contact is considered one of the most powerful natural healing measures, massaging your body offers a lot of benefits. Not only does the practice of massaging support healthy muscles, bones, and skin, it also helps you rediscover true inner self by self care. Using herbal oils for massage helps maintain the calm of your mind. Try ancient Vedic oils like Dhanwantharam Thailam and Eladi Keram from the Kerala Ayurveda online store to experience the goodness of massages.
- For mouth care and mouthwash: Arimedadi Thailam, an oil used for oil pulling, helps maintain fresh breath and strong, healthy gums.
- Muscle and joint health: Herbal oils such as Jambeera Thailam, Ksheerabala Thailam, and Myaxyl Oil, can help in maintaining healthy joint and muscle health by helping optimize Vata levels.
- Vigor and vitality: Herbal oils can be instrumental in encouraging normal vigor and vitality. Use Kerala Ayurveda’s Bala Thailam, a restorative oil to support your normal energy levels.
- Anti-stress and rejuvenating properties: Balaswagandhadi Thailam, Chandanadi Thailam, and Balahatadi Keram help maintain normal stress levels with the help of cooling herbs.
- Skin and beauty: Support normal health and radiance of your skin with Kumkumadi oil, which is formulated with premium saffron, lotus, and other choice ingredients. You can also use Nalpamaradi Keram to maintain the natural brightness of skin and a healthy skin texture.
- ENT administration: Anu Thailam, naturally lubricates and nurtures the nasal passage, and supports normal sense of smell, voice, and vision.
- Elimination and digestive health: To support gut health, improve metabolism, and encourage normal elimination, use Eranda Sukumaram oil, Gandharvahasthadi Castor Oil, Nimbamruthadi Castor Oil.
What are the Uses and Benefits of Herbal Oils?
- Helps in keeping intact the moisture, soothes and calms the body.
- Ayurvedic hair oils naturally lubricate the scalp, thus help regulate hair health.
- Herbal oils help promote naturally radiant skin.
- Herbal oils encourage healthy responses to stress.
How Can Herbal Oil Help?
- Hair health
Herbal hair oils help maintain hair health. The oil helps maintain your stress levels with its cooling effect. Make sure you massage herbal oil for hair growth on your scalp before bedtime or at least one hour before bath. This will support normal blood circulation in the scalp and help maintain normal hair growth.
Herbal oils contain ingredients such as Bhringaraja, Jatamansi and Haritaki, which are helpful in maintaining normal hair color.
- Scalp health
The antibacterial property of herbal hair oils helps in naturally nourishing and moisturizing the scalp. This helps maintain the normal cleanliness and moisture of the scalp.
- Glowing skin
Herbal massage oils have been in use for centuries to maintain healthy and naturally radiant skin.
- Joint health
Ayurvedic herbal oils for massage promote normal joint health and normal mobility. Regular massages with herbal oils support normal circulation in the body.
What are the Common Base Oils Used?
While the exact ingredients that go into an oil vary based on the use and purpose of the oil, the ingredients are typically blended in a base of either coconut oil, castor oil, sesame oil, almond oil, or mustard oil. Read on to know the benefits of these base carrier oils:
Coconut oil: Soothing to the senses and your body, coconut oil is known to help maintain the optimal levels of Vata and Pitta Doshas. It is a moisturizing oil that promotes ample nourishment to your skin. Not only is it good for body massages but it also is extremely beneficial when massaged onto the scalp.
Castor oil: This oil helps normalize Vata levels, and is known to help promote normal circulation. When massaged onto the skin, it soothes and nourishes skin.
Sesame oil: The warming properties of this oil make it ideal for massages. It promotes normal joint health and has antioxidants that support skin health.
Mustard oil: This oil helps maintain optimal levels of Vata and Kapha Doshas, and has stimulating and revitalizing properties.
Almond oil: Almond oil is a gentle, soothing oil that is suitable for most skin types. It nourishes and hydrates the skin when used during massages. It also helps in naturally relaxing your muscles.
Kerala Ayurveda manufactures a wide variety of herbal oils, focusing on quality and affordability. Their products strictly follow the recommendation found in the ancient Ayurveda text, delivered right at your doorstep. They provide Vedic oils for massages, hair, skin, muscle and joints, and even mouth care. Visit Kerala Ayurveda’s convenient online store today to find the best deals on Ayurvedic herbal oils.