Ayurvedic Benefits Of Amla (Indian Gooseberry)
Ayurveda and Wellness
Ayurveda is the science of life. This ancient Indian health care system uses a holistic approach to prevent diseases and improve health. It is a system of healing that believes treating symptoms or imbalances alone does not create good health alone, but one’s entire way of living. The holistic approach to health focuses on keeping a person healthy rather than treating a disease. It is a proactive health care system which addresses the whole person: mind, body, and spirit
Some of the key elements of Ayurveda that promote wellness are:
- Following a nutritious diet that provides the body with the nutrients needed to be healthy. A diet helps in boosting the natural immunity of the body to fight diseases.
- Following a routine in sync with nature. Waking up early in the morning and going to bed early ensures the mind and body are rejuvenated.
- Practicing Yoga and meditation on a regular basis can help relax both mind and body by releasing stress and improving mental strength. They are a genuine way to embrace positivity through the healthy metabolism of toxins and toxic thoughts.
- A healthy lifestyle with wholesome food, minimal stimulants, and depleting habits, physical activity, and good sleep. All of this helps to boost immunity.
Ayurvedic Herbs and their uses
Herbal formulations in Ayurveda are used to manage imbalances and also to improve general health. Ayurvedic formulations are made from herbs available in nature. These are time-tested remedies that have been used not just in its country of origin India, but across the world. Ayurveda uses herbs that are natural and do not contain any chemicals making them safer to use. They are prepared using the wisdom contained in ancient texts and tested for purity in modern laboratories.
There are many herbs used in Ayurveda, all of which have been used for thousands of years. The use of the herbs is guided by the ancient Ayurveda texts, which clearly document the accurate blend, preparation, and usage of each formulation. The entire plant is used in some cases, while in others only the fruit, stem, bark, or root is used. Most of the Ayurvedic herbs offer multiple health benefits. One of the most prominent herbs in Ayurveda is Amla or Amalaki. This is a fruit known as Indian gooseberry (Emblica officinalis).
Amla and its benefits
Amla is one of the most recommended herbal supplements for digestion in Ayurveda. Digestion is given supreme importance in Ayurveda. It leads to the development of a strong Ojas, which is the energetic substance that promotes vigor and vitality. A strong Ojas empowers the immune system, allowing the body to naturally fight diseases. Regular consumption of amla helps in strengthening Ojas, thus acting as an immune booster. When a person has digestive problems, it weakens Ojas, thereby weakening the immune system. This makes the person susceptible to illnesses.
Amla can be eaten as a fruit. It is also used to make jams and other formulations like Amalaki capsules that can be used as a dietary supplement to improve health.
Amla capsules benefits
- Rejuvenating properties – Amla is rich in antioxidants that help the body to fight free radicals, which has made it the most renowned rejuvenating ingredient with anti-aging properties.
- Children’s Health – Amla capsules can be immunity-boosting supplements for toddlers. Children will benefit from this supplement since it strengthens the immune system right from childhood.
- Hair Health – Amla capsules for hair health help in promoting hair that is lustrous and strong. It is also known to prevent hair loss. The amla capsules benefits for hair make it a vital ingredient in the formulation of organic shampoos.
- Detoxifying – Amla acts as a detoxifier. It strengthens the digestive fire in the body (known in Ayurveda as Agni). The digestive fire helps in optimal digestion, which in turn removes toxins and provides the body with the nutrients needed.
- Blood Sugar Balance – Amla has a very powerful benefit for the body since it helps in controlling blood sugar levels. Since it improves digestion, it also helps in proper assimilation of blood sugar.
- Vitamin C – With each fruit containing up to 600-700 mg of Vitamin C, Amla is the second richest natural source of the vitamin.
- Fiber – Amla is rich in fiber. It helps in ensuring the smooth functioning of the digestive system. This can be very helpful in solving the problem of constipation.
- Acid Balance – Amla is also used to balance acidity and ulcer-related issues.
- Skin – Amla products are used to improve skin health.
- Anti-inflammatory – Amla has anti-inflammatory properties. It fights inflammation and strengthens the body.
Amla products for wellness
The Ayurvedic approach to wellness recommends the use of formulations containing herbs like amla to improve overall health. It is not a supplement that has to be taken only if one is ill, but can even be taken regularly to prevent illness. The multivarious benefits of Amalaki capsules make it a powerful immune booster, which is why it is recommended to be taken regularly. The capsules can be taken daily or as recommended by your health practitioner.
Amla is used in a powerful Ayurvedic formulation called Triphala. This contains three key ingredients Amla, Haritaki, and Bibhiktaki. This formulation helps in rejuvenating both mind and body.
Amla is used to make Chyawanprash. This is one of the most popular Ayurvedic supplements. Chywanprash is an Ayurvedic product that promotes good health, digestion, improves immunity, purifies blood, reduces blood pressure, and helps improve concentration. It is a rejuvenating health tonic.
Another wellness product that uses Amalaki is Histantin. This tablet helps to boost the working of the immune system. It is also helpful in improving respiratory health and can help those suffering from allergy and related problems during seasonal changes.
Amla – the superfruit
Considering all the benefits detailed above, it is no wonder that Amla is considered a “superfruit” that promotes the overall wellbeing of an individual. Choose from a varied list of Ayurvedic Amla products from the Kerala Ayurveda store and start your journey towards holistic wellness.