Have you worried about falling ill with a viral infection? Have you searched for ways to improve your resistance to infections? In uncertain times where there is a risk of being infected by new and dangerous viruses, resistance to diseases or immunity plays an important role.
Immunity refers to the ability of the body to defend itself from illnesses, diseases, and other health problems. The body’s natural immunity can be vitiated due to an imbalance in the Doshas or humors in the body. In such a situation, it is important to restore balance and boost immunity.
At a time when the world is beset by the pandemic, immunity plays a very important role. As part of your preventive care, you can take immune system booster pills made from Ayurvedic herbs like Amla. This will naturally nourish the immune system to fight viruses and other pathogens.
Benefits of Amalaki capsules
Amalaki capsules are an immunity booster supplement, from Kerala Ayurveda. Amalaki or amla is one of the most renowned Ayurvedic medicinal herbs. It is used to improve the functioning of the immune system and can be consumed as a herbal immune booster supplement. Amalaki is a Rasayana herb that helps in rejuvenation of the mind and body.
Kerala Ayurveda offers amla in the form of Amalaki capsules, a dietary supplement. The product is available in a bottle containing 60 capsules. Kerala Ayurveda’s wellness products are soy, gluten, egg, dairy, nut, and GMO-free. The bottles are BPA free.
Amla is also widely recommended in Ayurveda for good hair health. Regular consumption of this product helps improve the functioning of the liver. It also has benefits for the cardiovascular system and heart health. Amalaki is also beneficial for good vision. To sum it all up, Amalaki is a powerful wellness supplement with many benefits, which is why it’s one of Ayurveda’s plant heroes.
Amalaki capsules are made from Emblica Officinalis, also known as Amla or Indian gooseberry. It is one of the most potent Ayurvedic remedies offering multiple health benefits. Amalaki can be taken raw as a fruit, or in the form of a jam, or as a powder.
It is Tridoshahara and helps in balancing Vata, Pitta, and Kapha Doshas when they are imbalanced. Amalaki is helpful in improving the body’s immunity and restoring vitality. It is very useful in improving digestion and helping deal with digestive problems. It is used to improve eyesight.
Since Amalaki is rich in antioxidants, it helps in rejuvenation and has anti-aging properties. It is also helpful in ensuring radiant skin and improving hair health.
Ayurveda to boost immunity
Improving your immunity and properly equipping your body to take on viruses and pathogens is easy when you adopt the Ayurvedic approach. Ayurveda offers a natural solution to be healthy. As you change your lifestyle by adopting the measures suggested in this article, you will start experiencing a marked improvement in health.
Get started on your journey to better health by using this wellness supplement to boost immunity.
Ayurvedic concept of Immunity
Ayurvedic concept of Immunity
Immunity in Ayurveda is explained by several concepts. Bala is one such concept that focuses on bodily strength – it literally translates to strength. Resistance to diseases in which the immune system fights pathogens is explained by the concept of Vyadhi Kshamatha. Another key concept that explains immunity is that of Ojas. This is also known as vigor and refers to the body’s ability to be strong enough to fight diseases.
Ojas is related to Agni or the digestive fire. Ojas is believed to be the end product of digestion. When digestion happens in an orderly manner, Ojas is strengthened and so is the immunity. If digestion is impaired due to weak Agni, then Ojas is weak causing immunity problems. When the immune system is weak, a person is susceptible to infections and diseases.
In such a situation, Ayurveda can help boost the functioning of the immune system. A wide variety of immune-boosting herbs and ingredients are available in Ayurveda such as Amalaki, turmeric and long pepper. These supplements when taken regularly strengthen the immune system, allowing your system to fight illnesses naturally.
Apart from herbal supplements, Ayurveda recommends other ways to strengthen immunity. These include:
- Consuming a well-balanced diet so that the body gets all the nutrients needed. The diet to be taken depends on the Dosha imbalance, which is determined by an Ayurvedic practitioner. Consuming garlic and other spices are recommended to kindle the digestive Agni and improve digestion. Anything that negatively affects immunity like alcohol must be avoided.
- Physical exercise is important to strengthen the body and enhance immunity. The practice of Yoga is recommended to enhance immunity.
- Pranayama is a breathing exercise that is very helpful in enhancing immunity and strengthening the lung functions. It is also helpful in reducing stress and being relaxed. Stress results in the production of cortisol and other hormones that lower immunity. Deep breathing exercises and meditation can help reduce stress.
- Sleep is very important for the immune system. A good night’s sleep rejuvenates the body and aids the smooth working of the immune system.
- Ayurvedic herbs like Amla and Ashwagandha help in rejuvenating the body. It is recommended to consume products made from such herbs to improve health.
- Detoxification of the body is recommended periodically. This can be done through fasting or a detox routine.
- Ayurveda greatly recommends following a regular routine such as waking up and going to bed early, and eating food at the same time for overall well being.